Volunteers are needed for the following:
- Wiki Editors: To contribute, edit and organize wiki content.
- MMT Experts: To answer questions and provide content. (Students of MMT also).
- Site Support: Moderators, Administrators and Developers for WordPress, bbPress, MediaWiki and Mailman.
- Site Testing: Report bugs, design and functionality feedback
- Writers: General content for blog posts and static pages.
- Other: If you can contribute in other ways please don’t hesitate to fill out the volunteer form below and describe how you would like to volunteer.
At this time:
- Site registration is not required to read content at mmtwiki.org.
- Registration is not required to comment on the Blog or to participate in the Forums (create topics and write replies). However, a user account and login will bypass the CAPTCHA requirement and avoid most moderation (which can cause a comment to be held temporarily).
- Registration is required to edit the Wiki.
- Registration for a user account is open and requires only an automated email confirmation.
A wiki is a tool for collaborative writing and different editors can participate in different ways depending on their interest and knowledge. For example, wiki editors contribute content, make corrections, edit wiki markup, edit content for clarity and organize content. As the MediaWiki reminder says at the bottom of every edit page, “If you do not want your writing to be edited mercilessly and redistributed at will, then do not submit it here. You are also promising us that you wrote this yourself, or copied it from a public domain or similar free resource. Do not submit copyrighted work without permission!”
To volunteer to help with site testing or site support, please fill out the form below with your username and email address after registering for a user account.
Thank you for volunteering!
Comments or questions are welcome.